Links to media clips about NATCA and its members. To watch, listen, and/or read these stories, please click on the links below.
Air Traffic Control Flight Assists
Pilot Saved by Atlanta TRACON Controllers After Her Throttle Stuck Over Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport
ABC World News Tonight (March 15, 2017)
"His Small Plane Spewing Smoke Over Addison, a Young Pilot Has Only a Moment to Act"
Dallas Morning News (Feb. 2017)
Dallas Love Field Controllers Honored at the 2016 Archie League Medal of Safety Awards Banquet
NBC Dallas-Fort Worth (3/24/16)
Providence Controller Helps Panicked Pilot Whose Aircraft Suffered Gear Malfunction
WPRI-TV Ch. 12 Providence (3/16/16)
Columbus Air Traffic Controller Earns Archie League Award By Assisting Pilot
CBS Columbus (3/15/16)
Dallas Love Field Controllers Guide Desperate Pilot to Safety
NBC DFW (11/5/15)
Voice of Rescue: An Air Traffic Controller Saves a Pilot's Life
Flying Magazine (April 2015)
Pushing Boston Tin: The Story of a Great Flight Assist by BOS Controller Nunzio DiMillo
DigBoston.com (January 2015)
The Job of An Air Traffic Controller / A Day in the Life
The Controller - Feature Story About the Work of Controllers, Featuring Steve Abraham at New York-JFK Tower
Popular Mechanics (Fall 2016)
A Day in the Life of an Air Traffic Controller: Taylor Williams (Fargo, N.D., Tower/TRACON)
The Good Life Magazine (5/20/16) Article starts on page 6.
Matt Lauer 'interns' at JFK's air traffic control tower
NBC Today Show (3/2/16)
Become an Air Traffic Controller; Learn About ATC's Challenging and Rewarding Work
Flying Magazine (12/18/15)
Special Recognition for Extraordinary Air Traffic Control Work
How Air Traffic Controllers Rebounded After 2014 Aurora Sabotage
Daily Herald (Chicago, 11/30/15)
Controlled Chaos Heard During Aurora FAA Facility Fire in 2014
WLS-TV Chicago (9/27/15)
Donuts for Fisk: FAA's Finest Calm Under Pressure as Emergency Develops at #OSH15
Airplanista Blog, By Dan Pimentel (7/22/15)
Radio Silence: The Chicago Air Traffic Control Fire (of Sept. 26, 2014)
Flying Magazine (7/13/15)
Good Stories About the Work of Controllers
Houston Air Traffic Control Handling 1,600 Extra Aircraft for Super Bowl LI
KTRK-TV Houston (Feb. 3, 2017)
USA Today's Ask Air Traffic Control series, featuring NATCA's Safety and Technology Department answering questions from USA Today readers:
- NEW! Feb. 28, 2017: Busiest Times of the Year to Fly
- How Many Controllers Handle Each Cross Country Flight?
- Dealing With Weather Delays
- Most Interesting Airports
- Instructions For Takeoff
- When Flights Declare Emergencies
- Could An Amateur Pilot Land a Jet?
- Flying in the Busiest Airspace
- When Are Holding Patterns Used?
- USA's Most Challenging Airports
- Handling Airlines and General Aviation
- Why Are Thunderstorms So Dangerous?
- Flying in Tornado Season
- Dealing With Summer Storms
- When Radio Contact Fails
- Routing Flights Around Hurricanes
- How Do You Keep Airplanes Apart?
- How Tough Is Controller Training?
Video Clips - Sequestration Budget Cuts and Effect on ATC (2012-2013)
- CBS News: No Cliff Deal Means Huge Cuts for FAA (December 2012)
- Huffington Post Live: Budget Cuts Shut Down 149 Air Traffic Towers (March 2013)
- CNBC Squawk Box: Sequestration Travel Woes (April 2013)
- CNN: Shutdown Hits Working Americans (October 2013)